Screen Printed Artwork Guidelines
Screen printed transfers require vector artwork. You can send us vector artwork and we can print it as is or with adjustments. You can send us bitmap artwork that we will convert to vector. Send us the best artwork that you have. Download the Artwork Requirements PDF.
1. Size: Maximum is 11.25″ x 14″: Although not required, it is a good idea to send us your file at the size you want it printed.
2. Convert text to curves: For vector files, convert all text to curves/outlines before sending.
3. Colors: We use spot colors for screen printing. You can use spot colors when creating art, but it is not required. Use consistent colors in your file.
4. Line Thickness:
- Recommended .012″ line thickness for Hot Split, Goof Proof®, Polytran, Elasti Prints® Glow-in-the-Dark and Pearl Prints™.
- Recommended .025″ line thickness for Glitter.
- Recommended .012″ line thickness for non-Puff colors. This may need to be increased if printed next to a Puff color. Be aware that Puff will increase the printed line thickness. A line that is .023″ will puff up to become .05″ in the applied transfer. 023″ puff to .05″
5. Show-Thru Thickness:
- Recommended .04″ show-thru thickness for all screen printed types except Puff.
- Puff show-thru thickness should be .1″ thick.
6. Special effects, fades, shadows, shading, etc. are not recommended: Some special effects can’t be produced with screen printing. Consider digital transfers if your art contains these.